On 29th April 2020, the Council of Ministers announced the following easing of the Coronavirus restrictions:
1) From 4th May 2020, the partial curfew will be lifted, although the requirement to wear a mask in public places will continue.
2) The nighttime curfew between the hours of 21:00-06:00 has been extended until 15th May 2020.
3) The restrictions on travel between districts will be lifted from 06:00 on 4th May 2020.
4) From 10th May 2020, there will be a partial curfew on Sundays, during which people will only be able for to leave the house to go to the supermarket, butcher, chemist and petrol station or for urgent medical needs.
5) The below businesses will remain closed until 15 May 2020:
a. Hotels, touristic accommodation, casinos etc
b. Places of entertainment, bars, cafes, etc
c. Picnic areas and parks
d. Gyms and other places where sports activities are carried out, such as dance clubs, stadiums etc
e. Wedding venues
f. Restaurants, patisseries, cafes and sandwich shops/kiosks
g. All public transport
h. Nightclubs, betting shops, internet cafes, massage parlours
i. Barbers, hairdressers, beauty salons, etc
j. Municipal markets and open markets
k. Children’s play areas etc
l. Cinemas, theatres, concerts, galleries and other places of art and culture, libraries, etc
m. All places of education, schools, crèches, etc
n. All sports competitions
6) All sectors and places of business other than those listed above can open from 4th May 2020.
Restaurants, cafes, patisseries and sandwich shops/kiosks will be able to open for take-away/delivery services from 11th May 2020, provided that they meet the requirements of the Ministry of Health.
7) Until 15th May 2020 only some public offices will be open and staff will work on a rotational basis.
8)The current restrictions on entry into the TRNC are extended until 15th May 2020.